A successful fundraising campaign is the ultimate measuring stick to a successful fundraiser. At the end of the day, if everyone had a great time and your event gets rave reviews, it will still boil down the the success of the fundraising campaign.
Using our knowledge and services is the key differentiator for maximizing your proceeds. Every fundraising event is unique, however fundraising groups everywhere all have the same basic needs.
Here are some essential steps to help you get started, save you time and maximize your proceeds.
1. Use Our Know-how - as a registered user, access our know-how page to help plan and organize your event. We are always adding information for our fundraising community as we learn from your success!
Planning and hosting a fundraising event will take from 60 to 90 days, seasoned groups, with experience, have done it in two weeks, others will take a leisurely six months.
The more you know and plan ahead, the more successful you will be. The Know-how page will keep you on track and help you make the right decisions in a timely fashion.
Our estimate of 60-90 days is just an estimate, you will know what is right for you!
2. Take Advantage of the Internet - We'll empower you with the resources to take advantage of the viral nature of the Internet, it can be a powerful fundraising tool. Sharing your custom Pride Page, participant pledge codes and event information with your participants and/or their parents is easy to do and essential for maximizing online donations.
Market your event website (Pride Page) on Facebook and other social networking sites. If your group has a Facebook page mention your event website and various event activities every day.
Send e-mails to participants or their parents twice or thrice per week. If your school doesn't already have a list of e-mail addresses, you can gather them when sending out permission slips like the one included here.
3. Set Goals for Your Participants - Every Pledge Collection Envelope has 15 lines for tracking donations. If your event participants collect just $7 from fifteen different people, they will raise $105 dollars each.
Setting a goal of $100 for each participant is not a difficult goal. It's always a good idea to motivate your over achievers with prizes or special activities.
Your starter kit will include 100 Pledge Collection Envelopes - enough to raise $10,500 when you meet your goal. Business sponsorships are an added bonus.
4. Seek out Business Sponsors - Business Sponsors will provide cash donations, refreshments, coupons and prizes for your event. Return the favor by providing advertising space on your Pride Page and include the sponsor's name on the back of your event t-shirts which can be ordered from Pride Fundraising.
note... We have excellent prices on our t-shirts, call for a quote on orders of 75 shirts or more. Use our event logos or order a custom design, either way, you'll get our standard 7 day turnaround.
5. Enlist the Help of Local Merchants - Use Merchant Stars to request participation from high-traffic merchants in your community. With Merchant Stars, local merchants will collect just $1.00 from each of their patrons, which adds up very quickly over a three week campaign.
Also send custom messages from the Event Management participant mailer tool informing participants and parents about important dates and contests. Remind parents to ask their employers about "Employee Matching Gifts". Our bulk email tool simplifies the process!
7. Motivate Your Participants with Prizes - We say this at tradeshows, it may sound unrefined, but it's true - "Motivation = Participation = Donation". Participation can be the single most important element in your campaign.
Work with local business and merchants to donate or discount prizes for your participants. Organize prizes based on the amount of money raised. Prizes can be as simple as Principal for a day, or a picnic lunch for the top classroom.
If you've collected prizes from businesses and merchants, organize the top five prizes for the top five money earners and then hold a drawing for those participants.
The next 10 best prizes go to the next 10 earners, the next 25 prizes and down. We offer a limited selection of prizes on the Pride Catalog and we can special order unique items if needed.
It's good practice to have all prizes on display during your event kickoff.
8. Make it a Family Day - Schedule your event on a Friday afternoon or weekend. Encourage parents to join their students on this day. Each year, as more parents participate in your event, the more it will grow in attendance and donations. Participation is key to a successful event.
All participants should get a free goody bag on the day of the event.
Every fundraising event is unique your personal preferences and resources. Use our help as much or as little as you require.Call our support staff if you have any questions sometimes the voice of experience will help you get off on the right start.
Good Luck and happy fundraising. We look forward to sharing in your success.